The 3 Best Times to Call an Attorney!
By Lawfty Law | July 21st, 2020
Injured in an accident? Not sure if you should call a Personal Injury Attorney?
Well, don’t worry – we’ve got you covered!
It doesn’t matter if your accident took place last week, last month, or five minutes ago – it’s important to reach out to an attorney before it’s too late and the window for justice and compensation has expired.
In this article, we’ll touch on the three best times to call an attorney and the reasons behind each.
Typically, one of three situations will unfold and spawn the decision to reach out to Lawfty Law:
- Realizing that you’ve sustained serious bodily injuries.
- Feeling upset, frustrated, and/or disappointed with the process of moving forward independently.
- The pressure, strain, and burden that the financial aspects of an accident can cause you and your family.
1) Realizing You’ve Sustained Serious Bodily Injuries:
At Lawfty Law, we understand the desire of our clients to undergo a quick & easy process after an accident.
If you or someone you love has been involved in an accident in Washington D.C., it’s important to remember that speaking with an attorney and also a primary care physician, is key when working towards repairing the damage that’s been done.
Like in law, letting injuries linger, may have costly impacts on your future! Your health is your best asset, so make sure you’re in control of what’s going on with your body.
It all starts with finding the proper care, medicine, and tools to put in place, so you can maximize your recovery options.
From there, you can focus on finding the proper legal representation to maximize the chance for a successful outcome in court.
2) Frustrated & Trying to Handle It Alone:
Before you say anything, just know, we completely understand.
It’s natural to want to handle a situation on your own, without any external help.
With that said, we also understand that’s not always possible.
With work, family, and recovering from your accident, it can be hard to find time for all of the paperwork and the phone calls, and even harder to remember every policy number and detail – people may not even want to relive the situation at all.
Thankfully, Lawfty Law is here to help you pick up the pieces and get the ball rolling in the right direction.
3) The Financial Pressure Starts Setting In:
We all know that accidents hurt, but they’re also costly.
Unfortunately, for most people, the hardest part of being involved in an accident is not recovering from being injured, but more so recovering financially from the damage caused.
Even if you decided to choose the cheapest possible deductions as far as insurance, you could still end up having to pay thousands of dollars that you may not even have to spare.
For some families, that can mean having to make tough decisions – especially in times like these, where unemployment is rising.
Here are some potential scenarios our attorneys commonly see:
- Lost Wages: If your accident was severe, most likely your injuries were too. This means you’ll probably be out of work for a while, which means your paycheck will see a sharp decrease. If your family is dependent on your income, it’s important to make sure you speak with an attorney.
- Medical Expenses: Medical expenses are incredibly costly. Between just seeing a doctor, and getting any prescriptions you may need to recover, it can end up costing a few thousand. Speak to an attorney about your situation and your options – it may be the best course of action in such a trying time.
- Property Damage: Even if the accident itself was entirely the fault of another person, you may be facing a few thousand in car repairs depending on what your insurance covers! Don’t be left alone to figure it out, we can help!
Since 2013, the attorneys at Lawfty Law have recovered millions of dollars for accident victims in the Washington D.C. area.
If you have been injured in an accident and suspect that someone’s negligence is to blame, you may be entitled to compensation.
Sign up using the form below, and speak with one of our attorneys about your accident.
The consultation is free, and so is the peace of mind that follows.
For immediate assistance, call us at (202) 335-4854. We look forward to hearing from you!
Schedule Your Free Consultation Today!
Please fill out all fields below and hit ‘Send’ once completed.